Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Friday, September 29, 2006

Sept 8t, 2001 Closer to Myself and the Majesty of God's Creations

I am sitting again at Nick's restaurant waiting for my breakfast...after making my first venture up into the mountains for real..and to my great delight and surprise, I did a full 10 kilometer walk up and back around the other side of the mountain climbing up at a steady sharp up angle all the way through some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen.

I have never been IN a place like this, let alone WALKED in it. I have taken pictures but there is no way to DESCRIBE the feeling of sheer bliss of having accomplished something like this.

The first 10 minutes were intimidating as I had no idea how far it was to the top or how long it would take...but my goal was to get to the "tea shop" and order ginger and honey tea and eat my apples and dried apricots.

Once I got into the swing of things though, I started to really enjoy myself...aside from what you see it is also what you hear. Absolute quiet punctuated by the chirping of birds or occasional screech of hawks and the continuing sound of falling water over the mountains...every once in awhile someone passes and smiles and the odd rickwhaw can be seen for those who don’t realize what they are missing by not walking to the top

...every new adventure for me brings me closer to myself and closer to the majesty of God's creations...I amaze myself continually and at some point, did what Evi suggested and literally yelled from the mountaintop "magia li" (I deserve this!)... I think I will give up the massage course as I feel right now this freedom of movement and self-discovery is more important to me...but will do the Reiki Master for sure.