Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Friday, September 29, 2006

Sept 7, 2001-"Accept the Night as the Day"

Yesterday was a fairly regular day...met some more nice people, strolled around, and nothing
special to write. But I had interesting
dream...in which I heard a saying "accept the night as the day" and understood it to mean that all things come and go in their own time and according to master plan and both nite and day, easy and hard, happy and sad, fast and slow, peace and upset, everything follows each other and must come together...you cannot have one without the other.


Woke up very peaceful this morning, met a nice young Israeli girl and we spoke awhile about
famiies and children. Went out to check out the Reiki Master guy and it was my first real "far"
mountain walk and it was beautiful. I will ben starting the course on Sunday at 3 and it will last
about 2 weeks including practical work (Lasted longer in the end). It seems a
lot better than the ones given in Israel although I don't really know. It certainly is cheaper.
800 shekelAnd I also found a place to do Ayuverdic Massage. When I came back to town to eat I sat near 2 Israeli (what else?) girls and one said to the other "I'd love to bring my mother here" and the other said" no way...mothers don't come to these places!" and I had to reply "Bring her here...she'll love it" and, as always, when I speak hebrew people are astounded since I don't look at all Israeli!

so we stared a converstationa and talked for some time and she saw me with the ayuverda
pamplet and asked " are you doing that also?" I told her I wasn't sure if I wanted another course and she said "Oh, please, please...I need a partner" and
so I asked her to register me so I wouldn't have to go back up the mountain. So, if there is still
room...I will be registerd and if not, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Now I am sitting and listening to Israeli Folkdancing Music and it is pouring cats and dogs outside [everyone who lives here says the weather is most strange for this time of year and it usually is quite pleasant most days by now. but then again the weather is weird all over the world...they also blame pollution etc for the changes] and I will now start to plan my Rajastan trip.

Oh, now just ate a REAL American brownie, chewy with lots of nuts and it was mmmmmmmmmmmmm I can't believe how well I am eating here consistently...had a vegetable and tofu pie for lunch!


8 PM...rested, read, did meditation and then the rain was over so came out to check e-mail. thouight to write a long letter but will do it tomorrow..the computers were very slow this evening

The only real problem is I miss everyone...but it will not keep me from enjoying this to the fullest. My horoscope as well as my Tarot cards today are forcing me to put things in FOCUS...less thinking, more being in the moment, less planning, more experienceing...have
to really really start working on focusing on the NOW.

I am feeling more and more at ease with myself and realize that this breaking away from everything was basically the only thing I could have don.e I have had neither a headache or neck ache or shoulder ache since I got here and I must get myself to the point where I can live this way when I get back also....if that's at ll possible...no matter how you look at it
though, money is a problem if you don't have it...

__________________________________________________