Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sept 29, 2001Frailty of the Physical Body and the Need to Go Home?

It is actually now Sunday and had an amazing morning but that will have to wait...
don't want to write out of order, but will tell you all that tomorrow the Dalai Lama
is having a public audience and I heard about it real real early this morning and got
there before the crowds...I am number 21 on line tomorrow to meet him!! Quite
excited...have no idea what will happen or what to do when I meet him but the whole
thing takes only a minute or two but many say it isvery powerful and moving...will let
you all know!

Back to yesterday:

Can't believe it! Dyanne...the fit and hearty lady-just called to tell me she is going home...her back went out and she said only this guy, ronen harariin Maagan Michail can take care
of it!! She said she'll be back but it is very frightening how fragile and unpredictable and unreliable the human physical body can be. She was just at the beginning of a year of traveling...hope she can continue once she feels better.

My back is getting worse every day...will write today to everyone I know who may
have suggestions...I would do acupuncture but no one here is putting needles into my
body. If I could find a chiropractor it would be good also but so far no one knows of
anyone. There isnothing I haven't tried yet...Reiki, Reiki to the past to find ""deep seated"emotional problems which may be arising now with all this inward introsepction
I am doing, healing, massages, exercise, chinese oil, reflexology, you name it...nothing
is helping (you all know already the end of this story) So far it is not keeping me from
doing what I want, except mountain walks, but it is very annoying and of course worries
me since I want to be free to completely enjoy myself here. Right now I am not traveling
or "shlepping"but in 10 days I will be back to that and that may be a problem...hope to find a solution before then

7:30 the same evening

Well, already wrote about seeing Sibi the ayuverda guy and Nicky sending Reiki.
I just finished seeing Akilesh again...asked to talk to me as his mother and friend...
says he has no friends here and needed advice. He's been having upper back problems and nothing helped...his friend who does Shiatsu told him it was because something is bothering
him that he keeps inside and he must let it out. so he didn't come right out and say it to
me but he basically knew that I knew about the other girls and asked if I will still be his
friend and that things will be OK from now on...Gave him another lecture...never admitted
that I reported him and he still thinks the other thing"is due to local politics, but he
apparently was shaken up enough to maybe, maybe try and change his ways.

While I was there I had always promised to show him pictures of my family but
never really felt like sharing anything private with him since that incident, but today he insisted...So I showed him the album, and aside form commenting over and over again
about what abeautiful family I have, how my parents look so healthy and vital, how my children and grandchildren are so beautiful etc., he said something very surprising and
very insightful "Now I know what your smile and face look like when you are REALLY happy!!..you are algow with happiness in these pictures...you realize that you will have
to go home soon...this is a very brave act you made by coming away for yourself...but
you will truly be happy again when you get home""
Sooooooooo.........