Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sept 22-25, 2001-Just Stuff about Stuff

The last 3 days also went by with much pleasant activity...I gave 2 more treatments to Dafna...today more healing than Reiki, yesterday we also ate lunch together...would like to fix her up with Alon..very sweet and I will miss her. Dyanne is also leaving tomorrow but new people keep popping in and out. really nice.

I also worked at the newspaper today and proofread 7 articles. Wed they will have a couple more for me to work on.

This afternoon I went up to the Temple with Dyanne...very unpretentious, unassuming (this is something like Jews waiting for the temple to be rebuilt...they are always thinking of their temple in Llasa and don't want anything else in place of it hence the simplicity of this temple in exile)...heard some monks chanting, sat and relaxed awhile and just kind of took in the energy of the place. Hopefully the Dalai Lama will have an audience before I leave

On the way back, we saw an “Israeli Restaurant" and we went up. We had salad, hoummous and techina and pita and it was the best hoummous and tehina I've eaten in a long time...not just because I am in India...it was comparable to the best hoummous you get in a really good arab restaurant! It was a real treat! didn't imagine I would miss hoummous but I did!

Oh, forgot, yesterday I saw "Shrek" and except for the part where I cried, I didn't stop smiling or laughing out loud through the whole picture...there were some monks in there (this monk business is really funny...one day I will write about it)..you should have heard them cracking up! Eddie Murphy is fantastic!

Tomorrow there is a classical Indian Dance concert I hope to see.

Still don't know what will be with Reiki and my certificate I will be checking out long-term guesthouses for next year. Dafna insisted on paying me for her treatments and aside from taking me to lunch 2 times which I thought was her payment and which is why I let her do it, she also gave me 1,000 rupees which is alot forIndia. I think I could really make some nice money here teaching and treating.

I still have 2 weeks here but really am getting sad about having to leave. Maybe I'll still have time to come back. Very confused about what to do about my plane ticket...see if I get some answers soon. Put together all my shopping so far and it is TONS of stuff! Don’t know what to do with it. Maybe I'll ask Shlomo to take it home for me if he comes. so far it seems like he is...I think it will be mostly nice but I'm a little nervous about having someone in the roomwith me all the time.. Like this privacy of mine and with no TV etc..and my time all for me. Hope that when I get home I will still have time for me.

Yesterday was funny...I got the urge to dance and did it up on the penthouse roof for 1 hour. First time I missed dancing. It was fun dancing!!

My days have taken on a whole new character..spiritual work in the morning, reading alot during the day, lots and lots of walking...music all day, yoga in the afternoon, lots of quiet time...sometimes talking with people , sometimes just being alone. Lots of learning about me..I seem to attract very special types ofpeople to me and it is very pleasant to know that these are the vibrations I am giving off. Lots of young people seem drawn to me and I so enjoy being with them. They seem to think I am very "wise" and very special that I am here at all! I guess I am!!!

Also things here are very different in my perception than they were. I have 2 beggar "friends", lots of people already know me and smile at me in the streets, I walk next to and around cows (and whatever they leave behind them) without thinking twice about it, the monkeys are no different than dogs these days.

but the beauty of the mountains and trees and nature here is something you stay amazed at. It never gets to be “everyday" It is breathtaking all day, everyday. Can't see enough of it. and it is all around me no matter where I look. I still hope to get back up into the mountains to walk some more if my knee will let me.

So many things are no longer important to me...eyebrows, makeup, shaved legs, all seem like relics of a past life...hope I never feel the need to go back to these things but don't know what will happen when I leave here. How much will I change back when I get home? I must carry out my plans to come back here. This is what I need for me.

Sept. 25th.. 12:30 Just spoke to Joe...The newspaper editor...after checking out long term rentals...spoke to him about Akilesh and he told me he is well know here and was recently removed from the newspaper listings for that very reason. But no one did anything more about it. He says it could be uncomfortable to get involved especially since I think of coming back, but he suggested talking to the local "godfather" and he told me even how to find him. Think I'll do it!! He also told me where I can find some really nice apartments for long term...will see tomorrow (I checked them out today (today is wednesday-the next day) and they really are nice but in a veryinaccessible location so don’t' think they will serve mypurposes)

Today I am going up to Akilesh and hopefully willfinish...need to get this over with...want to end it in a way that I will feel comfortable with myself and my actions.

8 PM Well, GOT MY CERTIFICATE! Did a Reiki II initiation, answered all the right questions during the class, met 2 more really nice people and am now a Reiki Master.. Will still do this again I think with Daniella but for now I can start teaching. Will make up workbooks inHebrew and English, prepare certificates and get on with it. Too bad all this happened. He really should have been a good friend!! As I left today I looked him straight in the eye and said to him "Please be a good boy!" He looked all flustered but then gain his composure and said “Yes Mother...I will try and take your warning" Don’t know what he meant or what he understood about Iwill now do whatever I feel I have too. There were other people there so couldn't get any deeper into conversation with him which is probably for the best.