Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Friday, September 29, 2006

Sept 16th My First Classical Indian Music Concert

Well, last nite, after finishing my reiki course, I met Dyanne and we went to a classical Indian Music concert. Flute, Sitar and Tabla (drums) It was wonderful...just closed my eyes and floated away.. the music just flowed through me and opened me up from inside...especially the Tabla! It was like a 2 1/2 hour musical meditation. We sat on the floor and people were sitting one on the other and my legs and behind were killing me but it didn't make a difference. Probably not any worse than sitting at a 3 hour opera in Ceasarea Old Roman Amphitheater on stone seats!.

We thought to take a Rickshaw home but when we got out at 10:30 they were all asleep...Luckily, I always carry my flashlight with me and so we walked home in the dark down the mountain. But how many stars!...it was a moonless nite and it was dark completely..Really unbelievable.

Got home really late. I haven't been out that late since I've been here. But was up bright and early this morning and for the first time used the "2 bucket" approach to showering. This worked OK and wasn't too bad. At least I'm keeping clean.

Then started a busy day. Had an ayuverda massage at 12 and straight from there to Reiki so had to eat a really big breakfast to keep me going but not too close to the massage. So at 10 I ate tea, tibetan bread and butter, 2 sunny eggs and a big vegetable salad. Then went up to my massage which was great. She also does healing with crystals. I have another appointment on Tuesday.

I went up to Reiki then and today was a new group of 4 very sweet young Israeli girls. I had to do my first Attunement and it went very well. I did 2 and he did 2. Very pleased with myself. Spoke with the girls for awhile and by then it was 7. Then spoke with Akhilesh for awhile longer...I am having some problems with him as my teacher and will have to think about continuing...will speak to him again on Tuesday...

Now I have just finished dinner and am going to take a"shower" and get all this oil off me from the massage.Tomorrow is Rosh Hashana, also want to do some shopping...need a days rest. Just prowl around tomorrow. . Well, got back to the guesthouse and found Ashish not there serving dinner...anyway, he felt bad later that I had to go out when I was so tired and apologized...talked for awhile with Kelly and then Ashish gave me a plate with homemade cakes on it...it was Himachal new years yesterday or something and a friend had brought him cakes from home. He made me tea and I took it all upstairs, took my shower and got all squeaky clean and then got into bed with a good book and my tea and cake...nice!