Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Friday, September 29, 2006

Sept 15th – Precious Time to Be Alone with My Thoughts

The Loving Green of Nature and Being Rooted

Sitting on a rooftop restaurant up in Bhagsu waiting for lunch. I've spent too much time lately eating with other people...it's nice on the one hand but forces me out of my own thoughts and they are very precious to me now. I only have a few more weeks of this...should I cancel my plans for Rajastan...no-don't think so...I will continue with them...Shlomo is talking of meeting me there and it could be very nice...I hope he will understand my need to be alone as well as together...

Came up today to try and work some things out with Akilesh...very strange couple of days...something is definitely trying very hard to work itself out but I don't know what and can't seem to do it alone. we'll see if he can do anything for me.

I will then be at a Reiki II course and then a concert at 7:30...big day but so peaceful... I never feel rushed here but still can't seem to get away from my thoughts...now am having thoughts about checking out the possibility of living here...will speak to Kelly..maybe it is possible to rent a house for a year...don't know but would like to find out. Some of the houses tucked away among the trees caressing the mountain slopes look like heaven. Would like to see them inside.

I am surrounded here by nature and it is no wonder that green is the color of the heart chakra. G-d has chosen to make this the main color for all the beauty He has created and to show us his infinite love for all mankind. the peacefulness and strength of the trees, they truly do invite us to be like them "be rooted and at peace and then grow"

Where are my roots?? Perhaps not in any PLACE...perhaps that is part of what I am feeling...the need to be rooted in myself no matter where I am...to truly be one with the Universe and flow with its overview in peace and continue to grow within myself.

aside: I have been trying to make an appointment for an ayuverda massage almost since I've been here and never find them available. They are always giving massages and can't be disturbed. Now while waiting for lunch (their room is right across from the restaurant) came out and I simply grabbed a hold of her and made an appointment for tomorrow at 12 o'clock They have a type of massage that is supposed to open chakras and perhaps that will help also,,, and if nothing else, it is back to pure pampering like I had in Leh. And then I can make further appointments.

I've started eating mostly salads, steamed veggies and tofu the last couple of days...I really went overboard with all the good food here...especially the sweets Now I have ordered a fruit shake, veggies with mushrooms fried rice (brown rice) and steamed veggies with tofu. I still have so many "things" I want to do here...but it looks more like a journey within than without...and this seems to be the place for both types of journeys.. I need to get to the Tibetan library and the Temple where the Dalai Lama is, up to the other mountain for a "walk"..over to the Bahsu temple and waterfall,, for a ride on the "miniature" train through the valley...don't know what I will actually manage to do. I also will be at a meeting of the local newspaper which needs a proofreader for the october issue. That would be very nice to do I think and I would meet some local people which is important to me.

I just got my fruit drink, and it is not this stuff they run through the blender with milk and ice at home...it is fruit with pieces run through a fruit machine and the soft fruit is just cut up and mashed...it is really delicious...apples, bananas,mangoes and something else...maybe coconut ..don't know but is very good!

Remind me to write to you about the babies and backcarriers here one day...very interesting!