Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Friday, September 29, 2006

Sept 12, 2001- Ashish Fixes the Walkman! And my First Bucket Shower!


Snow in the Mountains and Reiki Magic!
TWIN TOWERS "STORY" TURNS OUT TO BE REAL!!!

First of all, thanks to everyone who tried to help with the walkman. But Ashish the guy who works here and cooks the meals and cleans and rents the rooms and everything else that has be done, also fixed the walkman for me!!! He opened it up and found some band had fallen off and he put it back on and everything is fine now!!

Yesterday decided to try a "bucket" shower as I really don't want to leave this room up here in my own private paradise. They could not fix the shower...apparently it never really worked as there is not enough pressure to the third floor but most people don't complain. The owner said she would give me a discount on the room so that will be OK. I thought to have the kitchen put into use but don’t' really want to bother.

So I woke up this morning feeling completely better..don't know if it is the Tibetan medicine or
the Reiki or both and I don't really care
...it rained during the nite quite a lot and this morning the distant mountain tops have snow on them...Tried to take some pics but doubt they will come out. The scenery this morning (6:30 AM) was the clearest I have ever seen it...no mist in any direction and it was absolutely breathtaking.
The Master symbol seems to really be working now and my reiki this morning made me feel really "whole" and content.

Last nite after 10 Ashish came to wake me and said I had phone call and I really got scared for
a minute...but then he said it was from Madras so I knew it was Ravin. I wasn't prepared though for what he told me. Ashish had also been watching TV and started to tell me something about hijacking and bombs but I didn't understand him and then Ravin told me about the twin towers and the pentagon and I kind of didn't believe him. Well I went to sleep not fully absorbing what he told me and only this morning I heard more of the story and am now going down to check the internet. (Checked and I am, as probably the rest of the world is, in total shock and quite
frightened. What can possibly come of this???)

Sounds like something out of a novel or movie...cannot picture the twin towers collapsing and don't want to even imagine what the results are. Even here you cannot really "get away from it all"

More later...the two frineds I met in Leh.. Merav and Gidi, are coming to see me today and stay for awhile in McLeod and I have to go up and meet them soon.