Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Friday, September 29, 2006

Sept 11, 2001 Rickshaw Ride in the Rain and Moving up to the Penthouse

The Quiet Sounds of Nature


Woke up Sunday with lots of errands and also had to go to my first Reiki meeting in Bhagsu at 3. Bhagsu is the next town up the road...about a 20 minute walk up the mountain..not bad but it depends on the weather. Since it usually rains in the afternoon, I decided to take a rickshaw up there. Tried calling the airline to change my ticket, brought in laundry, went up to Kana Nirvana where volunteers are sorted out to find out about volunteer work and nothing worked...At one point I just ate lunch and then came back to rest.

Woke up at 2:15 and it was already threatening rain. Got dressed and although I didn't feel like it, got ready to leave when the rain started. Wasn't worried since I intended to take a rickshaw but to my surprise there weren't any!

The rain had started a few minutes earlier and all of them were taken. Well, I decided to start walking up the mountain and finding one on the way and in 2 minutes I was soaked through. I had an umbrella but that doesn't prevent feet and legs from getting wet from the riquochetting rain. The rain got so hard that I had to stop and found a place where a kind of shelter had been set up and lots of people were just "waiting out the rain". But I had to be someplace (At my Reiki Master Course) and so kept looking for a ride but all the rickshaws were taken.

Finally, I just stepped in front of one and stopped it and squeezed in next to the other 2 passengers (Israeli guys but I spoke English) and rode up with them half sitting on one their laps with the rain pouring in the side of the rickshaw all over me.

Well, I finally arrive dripping wet and cold to the place and spent the next 3 hours cold and wet and then eventually got home, got undressed, hot tea, hot shower, light meal and off to bed.

Woke up Monday morning with a real bad sinus headache and thought "Oh no, here we go again!!" (It was only later that I realized that much of the “under the weather” business was due to the Reiki Master Attunement I had underwent…bringing things up and out so to speak!) What to do??

Went out of my room and saw Dyanne and immediately forgot about how I was feeling. She looked and sounded like death warmed over and she decided to go down to the hospital to the out-patient clinic. I went along so she wouldn't have to do it alone in her condition. I was also concerned about the airline reservations, and my volunteer work and canceling my Reiki class for the day-bad morning-

well, we got to the hospital after a really scary ride down the mountain...and she got her medications...and we came back up the mountain. All this went pretty quickly as she was number 16 and number 4 was in when we arrived...we were only there about 1 hour. (It was very similar to the set-up in our local Kupat Cholim Health Clinics in Israel)

I then went out, cancelled my Reiki class, got through to Jordainian airways, changed my flight to leave from Delhi instead of Mumbai , ate a nice lunch, picked up my laundry and then came back to move to the room upstairs. Well, the room is really nice and very quiet. I'm now sitting up on the roof in the sun and the mountain panorama is even more awesome here than from one flight below. But there is as problem with the room..THE SHOWER DOESN'T WORK AND THEY DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELLME!! I wouldn't have moved since I had a great shower downstairs...so they are sending someone to see if they can fix it. I'd hate to have to move again. I'm really pissed!

Up here there is no meshing all around so the monkeys come right up to the window and even try to open the door to search for food in the room. This is as close to nature as you can get! It is actually really great.

Anyway, back to yesterday. I brought a urine specimen into my Tibetan doctor on the way to hospital in the morning with Dyanne, and when I got back, to my surprise she had already analyzed it. There was a long line to see her but when she saw me walk in, she ushered me right into her office. First she asked "Are you takingB12?" "You shouldn't take that before giving a urine specimen as I cannot analyze it properly for color!!"...But otherwise, all was well, I am basically very healthy...nice to know.

I told her I woke up feeling really bad and she checked my pulse once again...asked if I was feeling"lethargic"...I told her no, except for today and she prescribed stronger medication than the first week. She also said what I though was poison ivy or something on my back was from some insect and would soon go away.

When I finally got back to my room I slept for about 3 hours like a dead person and then had a nice bowl of soup and chatted with Dyanne and Kelly for awhile and then back to bed. The walkman broke!! No music!! I am trying to get it fixed, if not will by anew one.

Woke up this morning feeling alot better. will not go to Reiki for at least one more day since I don't feel like getting caught in the rain again. Checked out the volunteer work again this morning but the guy is only there in the afternoon so it will wait for tomorrow.

Yesterday we saw a beautiful double rainbow which is I guess a bearer of good tidings.,

I'm a little "down" today but I guess that's because I cant' climb my mountains or do anything I really want to. (Again, only afterwards, did I realize these were all symptoms of the Reiki Master Attunement I had had the other day). Also because I know all of this will soon come to an end and I really don't want to leave this place..its simplicity , its peace, but I know I have to.

It is a beautiful sunny day today, like spring in Israel, right now I am sunbathing and enjoying it. Crows in the trees and hawks cruising by monkeys Chattering, birds chirping and basically silence all around. Maybe it's good not having music for a few days.

Oh, forgot, found a shop here that not only sells tinctures like echinacea for when I run out and oils like tea tree, but also dreid fruits and nuts...bought myself a stock of raisins, almonds, cashews and pistachios and am having a ball. The only thing I REALLY miss here is lettuce.. I am reluctant to leave the roof now as when I get back it will already be cloudy, but have to do somethings...so be back later.