Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Saturday, August 26, 2006

September 19-26 Gill and Palm Reading

Tuesday...1 PM
(Today is actually Friday so this will be a long letter....hope I get it all done today)
After the harrowing 1 1/2 hours at the computer, I've actually settled down in a restaurant I've never tried before. It's right next door to Nick's, run by Tibetans, a really samll place but very clean, and I've always heard great music coming from here even while sitting at Nicks. the prices are good and they have a nice menu...and also sell filtered water which I must start buying so I don't use so many plastic bottles ( believe it or not, it is finally illegal here to use plastic bags...they've been working on that for a few years already) I think I will enjoy trying out new things here...very peaceful, facing the montain...quiet, clean...ray charles palying now...BJ's...Just got my order of veg/tofu pasta...really good...they have good tibetan brown bread as well...HaWKS flying overhead...really beautiful and very glad I found it....tears again...energies always moving and flowing...really nice...Went to Dondup for massage in the afternoon and he FORGOT me. Had a class. was very upset about it but I just made an appointment for the next day (Wednesday) and then spent time again with Gill. We discussed everything and anything, politics, marriage, Tibetan/Indian relationship, pros and cons of tourism etc. and in the Indian astrology and zodiac etc. and then he read my palm. Some interesting things...like the guy last year couldn't beleieve that in one hand (one person) there was so much of the extreme and stubborn with such a good, kind, loving, giving, compassionate, understanding (etc. etc) heart. Said he'd never seen that combination before and it is the reason why all things sseem so complicated and difficult to me in life and, combined with my extreme inttellectual capabiliteis, the reason I have so many vissisitudes (yes, that's the word he used)...and why all my lessons are difficult in the learning. He also said I would always be self-sufficient and must never realy on tohers to take care of me. That the hard times are over for me and only good things await me from this point in life. good health, less difficulties tec. That I spent 25 years with the wrong man, had one great love and there will be one more great love in my life at some time to come. those of you who remember ythe guy in Chennai last year will rmember a very similar reading. He spoke of "the thrid one" in my life and pretty much said the same about the rest. And Gill never studied this...His father is a well known astrologer and palm reader and he says he himslef (gill) has been doing this naturally since he is a child.
After came back to the room, Yonina came up again nd the three of us had a fascinating discussion about religion and feminism. Seems this group she belongs to is muslim, christian and jewish RELIGIOUS ladies working to make changes for women through knowledge from withing th religion. She also belongs to a group called "Lolech" in Israel. She left after a couple of hours and we had a lite supper (3rd day of veggie soup finally finished) and early to bed.
Wednesday I was up at 6:30 as is my habit and by the time I had woken Abdellah at 9, I had already done my morning stuff, preprared fresh tomato sauce for dinner, cleaned the room, and washed some clothes...nice getting up early.
I then had my massage and physio treatment. It was even better than I remembered and he is still taking only 250 rupees which is unheard of here...all take 500 at least. Have another appt. on Saturday. Then abdellah and I went up to Beit Chabad where Yonina told us there was still fresh forzen chicekn that Dror had killed before the chag. He might sell us some...we have been wanting to make chicken soup and kneidlach(you may remember from last year this is abdellahs very favorite food...) and sure enough, we found the new Chabad place (an expanse of concrete and brick perched on the mouintain, enormous, 3 sotires high, just being built monstrosity) and Dror of course remembered me and in the end agreed to give us a big bag of whatever he still had...for free (there is always the Kupat Tzedaka if you like)...which we did). Turns out when it defrosted we had 2 kilo of "gav off" backs bones tec. and necks which is perfect for soup. Gave 1/2 to Ashish and thursday we will cook it.
Had nocchi /tomato sauce for dinner and then saw "contact" with Jodie Foster. Fabulous movie idea but a little too hollywood. But the type of things I like...based on Carl Sagan's book and released just after his death. I remember watching his programs years ago on TV when he would pnder the Universe as a scientist but always question extraterrestrial life...and a line in the movie sounds like something I could imagine him saying "If there is no other life out there, it would be an awful waste of space".
And then it was thursday morning!
I have always been curious about the Buddhist studies at the Tibetan library which are held each day...2 lessons...taught by mopnks and traslated for the 15 years by an english speaking lady. And Abdellah goes each morning...so today (yestereday) I am finally going to see what it is like. And guess what the subject is this month? PATIENCE!...And this is exactly the thing I was told I must have plenty of for the coming period of my life in the channeling I received 2 days ago. so looks like I am going for the right lessons...
more later...I am really tired....
Gmar Hatima Tova to everyone
My love...Jane