Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Saturday, August 26, 2006

October 5, 2004

Hi all,
It is now Wednesday morning and I am waiting for Avik's arrival in about 1 hour so decided to use the time to get one more letter out. so...back to tomorrow

Tuesday October 5th

Went again to dondhup yesterday and he was not happy with my knee. It has not really improved very much and of course he said it would be best to just rest it for awhile but that of course is not only impossible, with all the walking I MUST do here, I also refuse as there is also walking which I WANT to do here. He diagnosed it as a pulled ligament (and his past diagnosis have always been correct as confirmed with x-rays etc. back home by my orthopedist) which I have had for awhile (he is right about that as well...it started to hurt about 1 month before I left home and I did some acupuncture for it just before leaving). He's been working on it and has now given me exercises to do to strengthen my leg as it has begun to affect my left leg which I now apparently favor. (the right knee is the problem). So his suggestion, if I am going to keep up my walking and not rest for 2 weeks...is to tape it up (but I just remembered I brought my eklastic knee bandage which i sometimes wear for dancing) and always use a walking stick when going downhill...and absolutely not attempt anything as ambitious as Triun at this time. So, that is what I will try doing.
Today, we woke up to glorious weather (which actually clouded over by around 1 but was still not cold and actually more pleasant for walking...I hope it lasts, but decided to check the forcast for this area on the internet...it is supposed to be more of the same...sunny in morning and then partly cloudy but is supposed to rain over the weekend again...yuck!

Monday night I finally slept well...I asked for another blanker and a quilt...the quilt is uselss so far due to the smell of it and is now out in the sun hopefully to be usable at some point...but I doubled over the 3rd blanket so had like 4 blankets on me. they must weigh about 3 kilo...could harly turn over in bed...but I slept like a baby for the first time in days being nice and warm. (Last night, Tuesday night, I actually woke up being too HOT and had to remover the extra blanket!!)

After breakfast I will attempt to pick up my pharmacy order again...I've tried 3 times in the last couple of days but he is never there...but got lots of exercise going up and down temple road....Once I get the stuff, I will send off another pacakge before avik gets here. And then Abdellah and I are off to naddi again for chicken. Last night we saw "Central Station"...a beautiful, sensitive, moving Brazilian movie which brought me to tears...see it if you come across it.

Just hope the weather has fianlly truned and I can truly begin enjoying walking. avik will arrive tomorrow morning and both Abdellah and I are curious as to how things will go from here...

Well, I DID finally get SOME of the pharmacy stuff...parts won't be ready until friday...but it is an enourmous savings and today have sent off a package...even with the postage it saves lots of money on drugs which are quite expensive in Israel...and hre they are soooooooooo cheap.

We went to naddi but took a rickshaw both ways as my knee was really bothering me, even with the bandage...but the chicken was fantastic. Abdellah helped me get the pahrmacy stuff and also placed an order himself and then we went and had the package made up and this morning (wednesday) I shipped it off.

We had a light supper of pasta and then saw "crouching tiger, hiding dragon"(or whatever the name is)...I waws not too keen on seeing the moving...but we watched it dubbed in english which you couldn't even tell it was not the original language it was done so well, the acting was wonderful and the music was beautiful and the martial arts scenes which I usually don't like (there was no blood or anyting in the movie basically) were like beautifully choreographed dance pieces...I really enjoyed it.

That's about it for now....I guess things will change from here on, but don't know exactly how....but when I find out, I'll be able to write about it.

My love to all...Jane