Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Saturday, August 26, 2006

October 1, 2004-New Type of Experience

Hi all,
Friday, October 1st
Today is Friday, and I actaully haven’t written since the beginning of the week. GOOD FOR ME! This is a whole different type of trip as I’ve mentioned, but there actually so many things I want to tell you and remember for myself, so will try and start filling things in and see how far I get this morning. Let’s start by going bac k to Monday, 27th September… just a few words
Came out to do some errands today after clearing the room of bedbugs but forgot that most places are closed on Monday…But stopped at the Rock Shop where I went to order a malla (stone strung with string to wear on your next or wrist) and ordered 3 in the end. You choose the stones by intuition or just what you like and no matter how I tried kept coming back tot eh same 3- ones I very often carry as well at home…one for 3rd eye (chorite), one for heart chakra (unikite) and one for root chakra (bloodstone/red jasper). So I am now having 3 made and he is fixing them so I can wear them on different necklaces and also making me a separate black chain from thread as an alternative. I will also go back to get my new crystals there . I know him from the past and he knows his business, has a very large selectiona dn fair prices.
Couldn’t check out the best book store in town or develop my film as they were all closed and then I planned to meet Yonina here at the Japanese restaurant for a farewll luchn but it is closed for 3 days. Memorial Day (Japanese, Tibetan…have no idea)…So I am now sitting here waiting for her and just thinking how lucky I am to have this opporutnity of freedom and peace of mind.
Got to do the other things next day…found some good books at the bookshop, developed film, bought my crystals and some new natural unpolished gemstones for using in healing work (started clearing and programming all of them this morning…big job)… and then the truth is I have just been doing more shopping than I should be, and have already sent one package home (via Elisheva) with all kinds of things in it and have to get another one off this week. Hope to get all of this done over the next couple of days and then begin to enjoy life here. I usually leave it for the end and then find I have no energy and wind up not getting what I want… Also ordered face creams etc. and over the counter drugs which I use regularly from the local pharmacy and it is about a 1/10 of the price from back home so really worth it. For example…Zovirax, which is about 44 shekels for 10 gr. At home (440 rupees) is here only 39 rupees for the same amount!!!! Got for myself and elisheva as we both use a lot of it during the year. And other things as well which I thought would be worth it…Ibuprofen (like nurophen _which I use as my pain-killer of choice cost almost nothing here!…I’ve brought enough for myself to last along time…If any of you want me to get you some, please let me know IMMEDIATELY before I ship off the package over the next few days…want to get this all done before avik arrives next week.
The last few movies I’ve seen are: Boy’s Don’t Cry/Six Degrees of Separation/Room with a View….all fabulous each in there own way. What I just found out, is that Abdellah actually studied film-making at UCLA and has his degree from there which would explain his love of the movies but also him knowing every director, who won oscars, etc., etc., and pointing out all kinds of subtleties to me which I would never notice…so it has been an experience watching these movies with him, beyond the movie itself.
Having a kitchen here has also been a new experience for me, aside from the fact that we plan meals, shop, cook and eat together, it also saves lots of money as well as hassle of trying to decide where to eat each day for 3 meals and then WHAT to eat off the menu. We still have our favorites and go there when we don’t feel like cooking, much as I do at home…a couple of times a week at least…and also it saves money on water since I can now boil my own water (25 mintues-20 to get rid of even giardia and an extra five for good measure since the water boils at a lower temp. at this altitude) and just keep reusing the plastic bottles which is also good for the environment. AND…I also eat simpler food and am pretty sure I will not gain so much weight this time. Abdellah also watches me and does not allow me to buy cakes etc.