Jane's India Journals

Journals from 2001, 2003 and 2004

Saturday, August 26, 2006

2004-First Post from Delhi

I am posting here all of my 3 journals from my first 3 trips to India. You can pick and choose according to title what seems more interesting, or just read them through from beginning to end, stopping at the places that interest you more and skipping over the boring stuff. The first 2 trips, which I haven't posted yet, are actually alot more interesting as far as travel stuff goes.
Enjoy...
This will be short. I am in Delhi and tried writing yesterday but the connection was unbearably slow and the heat unbearable!...so I am doing it today but things are still slow so I will keep this short.All is well first of all and it is truly great to be back here. The flight was fine but something was wrong with the AC....for me it was great but most people were too warm!
I am also having trouble with the writing on this comuter and hope you all manage to read this easily. I will just tell you that I met a lovely lady on the plane, who sat next to me, from Kfar Haroeh, knows Irene Brug and Esther Rosenbaum very well, even produced one of her son's Uriel's plays (she herself is a drama teacher aong other things)...will write more in my next ltetter but it seems like I was sent to help her through her first couple of days in India and make sure she gets to a suitable place for the chagim....she is religious and thought of sitting in the main bazaar of delhi until after shabbat! she is now coing with me up to Dharamkot and I got her a room near Beit chabad and she is quite please.
More when I am seated at a normal computer.
I went shopping today at Fab India and bought lots of nice clothing and tonight we are off by train to Pathankot...
To all those I haven't re;plied to personally, please excuse me for a few days and then I will write to all of you.
I hope to write before the chag tomorrow but not sure if I will manage so if not, one last shana tova to all and looking forward to hearing from all of you and replying over the next few days.
all my love jane